Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I f***ing hate this day.  1) I love and cherish my mother all year round, I don't need to set aside a special day for her.  2) Does Hallmark not realize how insensitive this day is to the infertile community?

I had actually forgotten what day it was.  I was on a plane coming back from Hawaii (which as luck would have it, came out to the perfect time of the month) and as soon as we landed the gate greeters started wishing everyone a happy mother's day.  Well f***.  I had hoped that our flight would be delayed enough so that M and I could just come straight home, but no.  It arrived well enough in time for us to go to church with his parents.  Which meant sitting around babies and pregnant women, and listening to a sermon on the importance of mothers.  The ONLY way I survived the morning was holding my 9 month old nephew and watching him fall asleep in my arms.  But then came lunch.  Because *of course* we had to take out my SIL for her first mother's day.  To which I was wished a HMD by the waitstaff.  NOT A MOTHER, MORON.

I thought I did well (I managed not to cry), until my MIL mentioned that we were going to celebrate M's birthday this coming weekend AS WELL AS celebrate Mother's Day.  Um, pretty sure that was why we went to lunch.  So ugh.

In other news, M's cpap is allowing him to get amazing sleep at night so he has plenty of energy for "stuff."  So that's good, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment