Monday, May 19, 2014

The low point

I think yesterday was the lowest I've ever been.  I thought this past month had been timed perfectly.  I had been feeling great every day, no weird pms symptoms (although that's become the norm).  Took a test, got a BFN.  All I could think about was how I was failing as a person.  Here's something that every female on the planet is designed to do, and that of them succeed at, but I can't for the life of me do.  Hell, teenagers can get pregnant after a one-shot.  But apparently me trying for 5 years isn't enough.  I actually started planning out ways to end it all.  That's when I knew I had a major problem, not just the weepies.  I finally admitted, out loud, that I had a problem and needed professional help.  And what was M's reaction to my admission?  That apparently he wasn't doing his job as a husband to make me happy.  Um, that's not what I said, or meant.  But he seems to think that being depressed = being sad all the time.  Last time I checked, depression comes in all shapes and forms and people can still have good days where they feel ok.

I did my research and thankfully my insurance covers mental health.  I found a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility-related depression.  Now I just need to find the courage to pick up the phone.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a sensible first step, Jenni. I am always here for you if you need me, but I realize that I cannot possible imagine what you are going through. I wish I could make you feel that you aren't 'less of a person or a woman' because of this. You are a good person. A good friend. A good daughter. A good wife. There are so many things that make you valuable. I know you want the chance to be a good mother, too, and I think you deserve it. But until then, get the help you need, and always remember that there are people who love and care for you regardless of your motherhood status.

    ReplyDelete