Thursday, January 7, 2016

And It Begins

Well, we officially started the IVF process. We met with the coordinator about a week into December and I received all of my medications a couple of days before Christmas. Handing over a check for $15,000 was difficult. Paying another $2500 for medication was brutal. We're officially broke.

I started taking a Lupron injection the day after Christmas. Not so bad, although it causes itching and burning at the injection site and minor insomnia.

Last night I began the Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) shots, Gonal and Menopur. They hurt worse than the Lupron. It took me almost 30 minutes to give myself 3 shots because of the difficulty in trying to figure out how to attach all the different needles and mixing the medications. Gonal has to be kept in the fridge, but is supposed to warm up to room temperature before injecting.

My stomach looks like a pincushion. Last week I ended up with a huge bruise because I took the needle out at an angle instead of straight. At least Michael doesn't have to give me any butt shots, so there's at least something to be thankful for.

I go back for more bloodwork tomorrow to see if my FSH meds need adjusting.


No comments:

Post a Comment