Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Heart of steel

Yesterday afternoon I ended up spending a good half hour with my friend (henceforth known as "T") just talking.  We talked about her pregnancy (which I don't think she's told anyone else other than family) a little and how she finds out in 3 weeks whether it's a boy or girl.  I was surprised to find that I was genuinely happy when she told me.  I didn't have to pretend. After that she spent the rest of the time talking about how it'll happen to me and that the doctors will fix me.  Basically being a best friend.  She left this morning for an out of state conference.  I'm not sure if I should text her over the next few days (we usually chat online every day at work) or if I should take this opportunity to get some breathing room and load up on courage.

I get the feeling that I will be needed for emotional support during T's pregnancy since, in her words, her family is crazy.  I think I learned enough during my sister's pregnancy to turn my heart to steel for the next 6 months.  T said I was the person she was closest to here in town (excluding her baby daddy).  Sister had family and multiple friends nearby.  This time it's just me.  I will do this for her.  That's what best friends do, right?

I called my doctor yesterday to see if I could move up my appointment time.  It seems she's super popular (she is pretty amazing) and completely booked.  The only way to move my appointment would be to make it next month.  Kinda the opposite of what I need.  So as of now (unless there's a cancellation) I have to wait until the 27th (at least I'll have seen eps 1 & 2 of Sherlock S3 by then).  UGH.  So frustrating  All I can do is wait.  And even then, once I get there it'll be talking about fertility treatments (and crying. LOTS of crying).  So it's not like any action will happen until at least February.  And have I mentioned how expensive it all is??

No comments:

Post a Comment