Friday, January 24, 2014

Two years ago I quit the gym.  I was going almost every day and not seeing any results.  The number on the scales would go up and down, no more than 5lbs.  One year ago I learned about the problems with my endocrine system.  Monday I went back to the gym and reopened my membership.  I sat down with a fitness evaluator and made out a 1 month and 3 month goal plan.  Basically I need to lose roughly 10lbs a month to get out of the "high risk" category.  Which works for me.  I've already lost 30 over the past year, thanks to medication.  Now I'm hoping to see a bigger loss with all the extra exercise.

One of the scary things about sitting down with the goal planner was him asking *why* I wanted to get in shape.  I couldn't bring myself to tell his 22 year old fitness major that I'm infertile and hoping some weight loss will help.  Silent struggle yall.  So I just told him that my doctors wanted me to get in better shape.  Which isn't a lie.  Both of my doctors do want me to drop some weight, and thankfully my endo is happy that I've lost as much as I have already.

The sucky thing about joining the gym on Monday is I got insanely sick the next day.  I've been battling an allergy attack (brought on by the bipolar weather) and it turned the knob to 11.  So basically I joined, got an assessment, worked out for about 20 minutes, then haven't been back all week.  I was hoping to lose a couple extra pounds before I see my obgyn on Monday, but I don't think that'll happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment